Wednesday, July 19 2017
Orlando, Fla. - As the 2017 FTA Annual Conference in Hollywood, FL approaches, it is considered a great opportunity to think and talk about the challenges affecting this important industry which impacts directly or indirectly everyone’s life.
It would be accurate to state that: without trucks, the United States of America stops!
August 3-4, 2017
As you know, everyday millions of drivers and their trucks travel across the nation to deliver products that help you live a normal everyday life. It is easy forget how indispensable the trucking industry is. It truly keeps our country and economy moving.
• Trucks drive economic growth and jobs in America—in fact, the industry currently supports almost 7 million jobs, including 3.5 million professional drivers.
• Today, there are more than 30,000 job openings in the trucking industry.
• Trucks stimulate economic activity in every sector of the American economy—including health care, fuel and transportation, waste removal, retail, food and agriculture, manufacturing, banking and finance, and many others.
• Trucking provides the greater majority of shipping services and movement of goods in the United States. More than 80 percent of U.S. communities rely solely on trucking for delivery of goods.
• Trucking is mostly made up of small businesses – with 90 percent operating six or fewer trucks.
The Trucking Moves America Forward organization promotes an effort to create a positive image for the industry, ensure that policymakers and the public understand the importance of the trucking industry to the nation’s economy, and to build the political and grassroots support necessary to strengthen and grow the industry in the future.
One issue that always comes to mind is accident prevention. According to the National Safety Council the State of Florida has earned a “D” on this subject.
A new report from the National Safety Council (NSC) found revealed that States, and Florida is not an exception, don’t do enough to prevent deaths and injuries on the road, whether in their homes and communities or at work. NSC’s report, The State of Safety, details issues state-by-state in an assessment of how well Americans are protected from risk. Fatalities from poisonings (including drug overdoses), motor vehicle crashes, falls, drowning, choking and fires have increased by 7% since 2014, NSC cited statistically, and are claiming more than 146,000 lives every year.
The right insurance coverage is key to maintain your business’ ability to respond to the unexpected.
The below is a sample list of some commercial vehicles that we help you protect with insurance:
• Box Trucks
• Dump Trucks
• Flatbed Trucks
• Front Loaders
• Garbage Trucks
• Pickup Trucks (with standard or commercial beds)
• Cement and Pump Trucks
• Refrigerated Box Trucks
• Roll-on Vehicles
• Semi Trucks
• Stake Body Trucks
• Straight Trucks
• Tank Trucks
• Tow Trucks
• Vocational Trucks
• Tractor Trailers
The best part yet, is that you are not stuck with a single insurer. We do offer a wide selection of carriers who specialize in your industry and are aware of issues and offer the right products to help you find the best solution for your trucking business.
Feel free to contact one of our insurance experts to discuss the policy and coverage that best serves your type of business.
Quick Quote Request
Please fill this field.